For those of you who would like to get involved with our blog, we are always open to guest contributions on the American Politics. If you have something you would like to say, we encourage you to write it, and contribute actively to our website comments section! We’ll try work with you to make your piece better, but we do ask that you follow a few simple guidelines:
- Submit your piece in word format.
- Speaking of links, we like outgoing links because it’s another way of adding valuable information for our readers, even if it isn’t on our site. So don’t hesitate to link out.
- Your post is not a self-promotion. While we do allow for you to describe yourself or your company in the bio, if you have some relationship to the topic you’re discussing you need to disclose that in the interests of being transparent with our readers.
- We value clarity over length, so don’t add any words that don’t need to be added. Your article can be short.
- Your post should be original, and not have been published elsewhere. Also, if you plan to post it somewhere else in the future, we’d like a heads up, as it may affect our decision in whether or not to accept it.
- If you use quotes from elsewhere, be sure to properly present them (in quotes or blockquotes), and then give credit either with a hyperlink or a footnote.
We also experiment a lot with interactive content, so if you’re a young aspiring writer looking to learn more about publishing for the web, we’re happy to help teach. We have a virtual newsroom where our team members from many countries discuss our work-in-progress during the day, so you’re welcome to come hang out.
Still interested? If so, drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org.